Friday, July 24, 2009

Caffienated Randomness: Bible Verses



Since I do not have an i pod, I'm going to ramble on my own tangent today.

A while ago at my weekly mom's group, our leader (the great and wonderful, Mabel) asked us what our favourite bible verses were. I immediately started giggling. Not that this is a funny subject. There are some very serious bible verses. But sometimes you come across a bible verse that makes you giggle. The one that makes me laugh, as well as my evil twin, (see my other blog Cooking With the Evil Twins) is Acts 2:15

These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! (NIV)

I know in the context that this verse is talking about pentacost, when the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples and the outcome was that 3000 came to our Lord. However, Debbie and I always get a kick out of the fact that one cannot be drunk at 9 am , however, any other time would be ok. Sometimes, when we are talking and Debbie's watch lets us know what time it is, if it is 9: o'clock we will each call out this verse.

Now I know I can't be the only one with a favourite quirky verse. In fact at our mom's group one of the moms had a verse about watching the boys! Can't remember what verse that was. Wish I could remember.

What's your favourite quirky verse?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In high school we were on a weekend retreat for youth, and my pastor had us all writing encouragement cards for one another, with a verse included. One of my guy friends found this verse and thought it suited me perfectly, given my "status" in the group:

Psalm 56:1
Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me...

I sure would liked to have known which men they were! :P

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History