Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Favourite: Bed Time Stories

Filled With Praise


Every night before bed, I read the kids bed time stories. I definitely have learned which ones I will read over and over and over and over.........you get my drift. Others, I dread (Sylvester and the Magic Pebble). This week I thought I let everyone know what my favourite bed time stories are:

  1. Green Eggs and Ham - A classic and I do I do like green eggs and ham (or as Thomas calls it Eggs Ham);
  2. Not the Hippopotamus - I almost have this one memorized. By the end you feel sorry for the armadillo;
  3. If you give mouse a cookie - Have you thought about giving a mouse a cookie, if so, DON'T!!! You'll end up doing everything for the mouse (sounds like what we do every day for our kids);
  4. How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? - Both the kids enjoy this series. They get to see themselves in the dinosaurs action; and
  5. Dinosaur, O'Dinosaur - I WANT MY OWN BANKIT!!!!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

We have some Robert Munsch books and the top two are "No Clean Clothes" and "Paper Bag Princess". We also have "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" along with "If you give a moose a muffin", "If you give a pig a pancake", "If you take a mouse to school", and "If you take a mouse to the movies". We also have a bunch of books from when I was a kid and the collection includes some Care Bears books. It's amazing what books quickly become favourites isn't it.

Amy said...

I love all of these books! I am all about children's books. I think would could open our own library here :)
Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE But Not The Hippopotamus! Our copy fell apart, but I found one at a garage sale in May and immediately bought it. And then cried when I read it. I know. Don't bug me. :P

Amanda said...

Great books! We've read them all. Tonight I read Harold and the Purple Crayon, When I Was Young and in the Mountains, Hop on Pop, Time for Bed (Mem Fox) and an Usborne book.

I love meeting other moms who realize how important reading to their children is!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History