Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Few of My Favourite Things - The Fall Edition

Filled With Praise




I love the Fall. It is my favourite time of the year. In celebration, I have decided to blog about my favourite things about Fall.

  1. Activities start. September 1 should actually be New Year's Day. This September, I'm looking forward to Ladies Bible Study, Mom's Group, and starting to teach Children's Church;
  2. Colours. Here in the prairies we have two colours in the fall - Yellow and Brown. However, where I grew up we had a multitude of colours. The leaves on the trees went red, yellow, and orange. It was amazing.
  3. Falling Leaves - I love raking the leaves in our front yard. The kids and I fill up leaf bags and decorate our front yard with them, that is after we have jumped through them and piled them over each other.
  4. The Temperature - Fall is neither too hot nor too cold. It is just right and even if it does get a little chilly, I have a lot of sweaters to cuddle up in while I look out my front window at my leaves.
  5. Harvest - I love reaping the rewards from our garden. This year we harvested 160 lbs of potatoes, I froze 16 bags of beans, a lot of onions and beets. We are still waiting for our tomatoes but they should be ready within the next week.

FALL - A time of dramatic change, A time of harvest, and A time to witness His Glory!
    They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. Pslam 145:7 (NIV)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all those things about fall, too. I miss leaves. I wish our trees were better and giving us leaf piles!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History