Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday's Voice - Pakistan

Pakistani Christians killed for refusing to convert

Five Christians were shot and killed by Islamists who opened fire at a laboratory in the city of Quetta, Pakistan on August 28, according to recent reports from local sources in Pakistan. The Christians had reportedly been receiving letters from Islamic militants threatening them with death if they did not convert to Islam. Local Christians suspect that the assailants belonged to the same militant group which killed several Christians and ransacked more than 100 homes in the city of Gojra in early August

Thank the Lord for the lives of these cross-bearing disciples.

Ask God to comfort those who mourn for them.

Pray that Christians in Pakistan will continue to demonstrate Christ's love and hold firmly to faith in Him despite threats of violence and death.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History