Monday, December 14, 2009

Music Monday - Ornament

I don't know how many of you have heard of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. My husband introduced me to this band when we were dating. We listened to the cd "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" over and over until I know all the songs by heart.

Last year we were blessed to have seen them in Concert. It was truly amazing. We had seats 4th row from the stage and enjoyed every minute of the concert. I can't wait until they come back so that we can take Nicole to see them (she has become a fan as well).

My favourite song by TSO is Ornament. It reminds us what is important and what we have made important.



ORNAMENT

There is an ornament
Lost inside the night
There on a Christmas tree
With a thousand lights

No one can see her
She's standing all alone

Somewhere she glistens where no one can see

I don't believe I can say what had happened
All of those words that we put into play
No longer matter, I should have known that then
I just know you're far away

On this Christmas day
On this Christmas day
On this Christmas ....

Somewhere the wind
Carves moments in the snow

And if he sees her
He never lets it show
He just drifts behind her
Erasing every step

Tinsel and garland are whispered
through trees

I don't believe I can say what
had happened
All of those words that we put
into play
No longer matter, I should have
known that then
I just know you're far away

On this Christmas day
On this Christmas day
On this Christmas ....

Come, Christmas
Stay, Christmas
Watch over her this day
Keep her
Protect her
From harm now in every way

Shelter her
Gently
There in your arms she'll be
Until the day
When you
Bring her back home to me

There is an ornament lost inside the night

Now share your song this week with Saved by Grace.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just saw TSO in concert this past Saturday. Heard them do this one live. They always put on an amazing show. Thanks for posting this one.
God Bless!

Judy Dudich said...

Wow, that was a soul-moving song...thanks Michelle...and I see Karinann is UP on these bands as she goes to see them LIVE...WOW! Good for you Karinann...hope you had a great time! I enjoyed my visit here today Michelle.

Michelle said...

Kariann - Glad to see a fellow TSO fan. Once seen live, you can't help but compare other acts to them.

Judy - Glad we could visit together.

Colleen - You really should purchase one of their albums. The Message is there.

Shawntele said...

Sorry for being late stopping by Michelle, that song is amazing! I love hearing music that is new to me, I am so glad you shared it yesterday. Thank you being a part of Music Monday, have a wonderful day! :O)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History