Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sacred in the Ordinary - Reading

I am tempted to search for the extraordinary. I catch myself longing for the incredible. I fight the urge to notice the spectacular. In doing so, I risk missing the most extraordinary, incredible and spectacular of all... the sacred in the ordinary.

My Moment...

This week I had a cookies exchange with my friends. I was stressing because I hadn't finished cooking the appies before everyone showed up. I really didn't get to visit with people because I was busy cooking, dealing with kids and making coffee ....Andrea!

In the middle of the confusion Thomas wanted me to read to him. Just sit down and look at his picture book with him. I didn't have time (or felt I didn't have time). Finally exasperated I sat down with him and looked at his book with him. That's all he wanted time with Mom. Time to sit on my lap in the middle of confusion and relax. RELAX! That's what God wants us to do too. To sit down and relax in His lap with His book.

Relax!

Now go write your Sacred in the Ordinary at My Quite Corner.


PS: Thank you Andrea for taking over when Samuel needed me a few minutes later. You are the toddler whisperer!

2 comments:

Donnetta said...

Oh how often I need to just slow down in the midst of what feels to be chaos and relax. Like you, usually it's my children that remind me to do so.

Thanks for this reminder as well! And as always, THANK YOU so much for participating!!!

Anonymous said...

Now you just need to remember that you don't have to kill yourself for us - we love you no matter what!!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History