Monday, June 28, 2010

Music Monday - I Love Your Amazing Love


In my prayer journal there is a section for confession. I daily lay before the Lord my transgressions. When I write these down there is a sense of letting God know that I acknowledge what I've done and what I need to work on. However, reviewing my daily entries it looks like I fall to the same sins every day - gossip, judging, anger, frustration.... Am I truly repentant or just that rebellious? Am I truly walking the walk or am I just talking a good talk.? Is the Holy Spirit truly living in me and do I reflect this?

I'm reading Francis Chan's new book the Forgotten God about the Holy Spirit. One of the things that has hit me while reading this book is that I truly am able to "grieve the Holy Spirit" (Ephesians 4:30 NIV). I never really thought about this - that my actions can make the Father sad enough to grieve. I love how the Message states this (parenthesis is mine):
Don't grieve God. Don't break his heart. His Holy Spirit, moving and breathing in you, is the most intimate part of your life, making you fit for himself. Don't take such a gift for granted.
I'm continually working on these things, but thankfully I am not working alone. The song I have chosen this week reflects a lot of my questions about my walk and my brokenness. That what it all comes down to is not about what I do, but what He did, He does and He will do in my life. Thank you Father for your Amazing Love.
" and I will never truly know why you love me Lord. I am so Broken and so desperate still you love me lord." Kees Kraayenoord



Whisper in my ear
Tell me one more time
the words i long to hear
that i, i am forgiven

hold me in your arms
draw me next to you
safely by your side
i know i am forgiven

and i will never truly know
just why you love me lord
i am so broken and so desperate
still you love me more
lord, i love your amazing love

there's a beauty in the way
you cherish and embrace me
in all my brokeness i know
i am forgiven

and i will never truly know
just why you love me lord
i am so broken and so desperate
still you love me more
lord, i love your amazing love

and i lift my hands
in worship at your throne
and i raise my heart
so thankful lord for what you've done

Please share your praise with Shawntele at Saved by Grace.

1 comments:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Oh my, Michelle, that is heartwrenchingly powerful...thank you for sharing your heart and the words to that song (which I had not heard before)!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History