Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall

I love fall.  I love the way it looks.  The way it smells - spicy and fresh.  The way it sounds - crunchy. 

Fall is mommy's season.  It is is the time of year that I actually love to do yard work and don't complain about the blisters.  Our family tradition is to rake the leaves and put them in pumpkin bags to decorate the yard.  The kids enjoy helping to rake the leaves and they especially enjoy jumping in mommy's piles.   This is the first fall that I get to jump in the leaves with all 3 kids. Sam is already fascinated by the leaves and the sounds they make when you walk on them. 

I've always enjoyed Fall.  I always felt like it was new years, probably because of the start of school.  I was always excited when school started.  New class.  New teacher.  New friends.  Everything fresh.  It was appropriate that I professed my faith in the Fall, a continuation of the newness I felt about my life.  It  also seems appropriate that Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, falls normally in September.  It is almost like God telling each of us that this is the New Year and to celebrate it.  

Some people think of Fall as the beginning of death as all the plants start to die and the leaves fall to the ground.  I don't.  I think it is the beginning of the promise.  The promise of new life in the bulbs we plant in the Fall and the sprouts that begin in the spring.  Just like Jesus.  He died on the cross to give each of us new life.  We embrace that death for the promise of the new life He gives each of us.  Yes there will be times when He seems far away and we are cold in the "winter" of our trials.  But if we hold on to the promise of Jesus, in the "spring" we will sprout new life and new possibilities.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel