Wednesday, October 27, 2010

UPDATE: Allergy Test

I realized after talking to my best friend, the evil twin, today  that I did not let everyone know the results of Nicole's Food Intolerence Test.  She passed with flying colours.  The other kids looked like they had just eaten the most disgusting meal, whereas Nicole came bounding out after each taste of peanut butter.  Now we have to encourage her to eat peanut butter a minimum of once a week, as there have been studies that children who never eat peanut butter once they pass this test can actually become allergic to them again.  

I want to thank you all for praying for Nicole.  Nicole was panicy about going in to do the test for the week before.  She wanted to know the worst case scenerio and the best case scenerio.  When we got to the hospital, she was calm and excited.  What a change from the day before.

I'm now mourning the loss of my monopoly of Reese Cups during Helloween.  I used to be able to confiscate the peanut candy due to her allergy and then hide out and eat it all.  Now, I'll actually have to ask if I can eat some.   

3 comments:

~Rain``` said...

He, he, he... sorry about the Reese Peanut Butter cups! Peanut butter and chocolate are one of my two favourite things! Mmmmmm.

Good to hear about Nicole's test results. Praise God.

~Rain``` said...

I mean, "two of my favourite things..." Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Or the PB Cup wrappers could have all been mysteriously tampered with, and as a good mommy you can't let her eat them just in case some crazy person poisoned her candy. ;)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History