Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - North Korea

Underground church leaders executed in North Korea

Three leaders of an underground house church in North Korea have been executed and 20 of their Christian associates jailed. North Korean police raided a house in Kuwal-dong in Pyungsung county, Pyongan province, and arrested all 23 believers who had gathered for a "religious function."

Three "ringleaders" were tried, sentenced to death, and executed soon afterwards. The other 20 were reportedly sent to prison camp No. 15 in Yodok. The arrests and executions happened in mid-May -- the news, however, only recently emerged from the so-called "hermit kingdom." The events have also been confirmed by North Korea Intellectual Solidarity, a group of North Korean defectors based in Seoul committed to raising awareness of injustice and promoting reform in their homeland. The 23 Christians had reportedly come to faith after some of them travelled to mainland China on business and came into contact with the church there. (Sources: Release International, AsiaNews)

Please pray for believers in North Korea who follow Jesus at great risk. May they have opportunities to meet together to provide encouragement to one another.

Pray for all those in authority in this nation, ask the Lord to favour them with wisdom, compassion and the light of the Gospel.

Please pray that those in prison may know of the love and presence of their Heavenly Father.

1 comments:

Andi said...

Father God, I pray for those in North Korea who are coming to know You. I praise You for bringing Your word to them, so that they may have eternal hope in You. I praise You for Your perfect plan in all things, and I pray that Your comforting Spirit will be felt by those in prison, and by the families they had to leave. I pray that through their suffering Your word may spread like wildfire through North Korea and change that nation.

In Jesus Name Amen

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History