Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Iran

Iranian pastor sentenced to death

Christians in Iran are reporting that Pastor Youcef Nardarkhani has been sentenced to death for what is called a "thought crime." Pastor Youcef, a leader in the Full Gospel "Church of Iran" network, was arrested in October 2009 after protesting a decision by the government requiring that his son study the Qur'an. VOM contacts confirm that the pastor's trial was held in recent weeks in the 11th Chamber of the Assize Court of the province of Gilan, but a formal verdict has not yet been delivered by the court. If a death sentence is officially handed down and Pastor Youcef is executed, his would be the first judicial execution of a Christian in Iran in two decades.

Pray that God will fill Pastor Youcef and his family with peace and that they will continue to stand on the Word, knowing that God protects His children.

Pray for those in charge of Pastor Youcef's case, that God would soften their hearts and cause them to overturn their decision.

Pray for all Iranian believers who are in custody, that they would know that God can use their imprisonment for His glory.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Thanks for sharing these stories.

Penny said...

My husband is preaching on Martyrs this Sunday - in lieu of All Saints Day.

I'll be sharing this post with him. Thanks for your heart for our modern day martyrs!

Visiting you from iFellowship! have a great Wednesday!

Bobbi said...

Thank you for sharing this info. I had no idea. I will pray!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History