Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Pakistan

Update: Pakistani woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

On November 7, Asia Bibi, a Christian woman imprisoned in June 2009 on charges of blasphemy was sentenced to death. Asia, a mother of two from Punjab province, Pakistan, was also ordered to pay a hefty fine -- the amount of which is equivalent to an average laborer’s two-and-a-half years' salary in Pakistan. Asia is the first Pakistani woman ever to receive a death sentence for blasphemy.

Pray that this court ruling will be reversed and that Asia will be released

Pray that Asia will rely on God to sustain and encourage her as she suffers and for God's comfort and peace for Asia's husband and two daughters.

Pray that other suffering believers in Pakistan will remain steadfast in faith, serving God with joy and perseverance in the midst of opposition.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History