Friday, April 22, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness - The True Easter Gift

Photobucket

On this Good Friday, I wanted to share with you an editorial that I clipped from the paper a few years ago.  I hope you enjoy.
The gift of love

Just as with Christmas, Easter, too, becomes lost in the world's ideals of spending money to show love.  True love is a deep heartfelt matter.  It's not about money.

When my children were youngsters, I would extend both my arms straight out to my sides, reaching them as far back as they would go, saying to my children:  "I love you - this  much!"

Then, one Good Friday, I suddenly notices there was Jesus on the cross with both His arms straight out to His sides, saying to me:  "I love you - this much!"

Finally, I saw the true measure of love Jesus had for me - just as much as the measure of love I had for my children. Wow. Easter is a reflection on this overpowering gift of love.

B.J. Josdal
Saskatoon
Praying that you all feel the overpowering gift of love of Jesus this weekend.

Come link up with a great bunch of caffeinated ladies today.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I LOVE that!! Thanks so much for sharing :) Happy Easter to you!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Michelle ~ I hope you had a wonderful Easter. I'll be back for more "Caffeinated Randomness". I love your site...every time I see your header, I smile.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History