Monday, November 7, 2011

Messy Mondays - Never Give Up

Messy Mondays where I share what God has been showing me through the messiness of life.  It is my personal belief that this walk isn't clean and crisp and straight or narrow.  It's wide and twisted and mucky and messy.  It's about the ups and the downs, but through it all God is there with us.  

I have to admit that today when I planned to read my Bible, I put on the tv.   The Untouchables were on and could feel myself becoming entranced in it.  I made an executive decision to turn the channel.  The Hour of Power was on.  I can't say that I watch this weekly or that I watch it monthly, but every so often I do check it out.  I have heard the new worship leader sing before and I tuned in just as she was singing a song her husband wrote called "Trust in God".  I wish I could post a video, but I can't find one.  You'll just have to check out the site and listen it there.  It's a powerful song about trusting God no matter what you face.  

However, what really affected me was when the pastor, Jim Penner, asked? 

"Who doesn't have a storm?  Who felt an arrow this week?"  

This means alot to me, especially today.  Today, I lost it after church.  I was totally overwhelmed by the boys in trying to get them out of the church.  It took 5 minutes to get Tormentinator's jacket on and that was only after I caught him.  Middleman was running around and not cooperative in getting ready.  I just started crying.  Why me?  Why do I have to go through this?  Why does everyone else have "normal" kids?  Why? 

I don't have the answers.  Sometimes it seems like my life is so much worse than others.  But I don't know their stories.  I don't know what happens behind closed doors.  I only know what I see.  Just as they only see what I let them see about me. 

We all have storms.  We are all running from arrows on a daily basis.  Some hit and wound us.  Some we manage to dodge.  But we can never give up.  We are called to fight the good fight.  To stand on guard.  We are called to put all our trust in God alone.  To give Him our storms, our struggles and our wounds.  We are to let Him lead and follow.  It isn't always easy.  It may be hard.  But we are not to give up.
 
"Never give up.  Never give in.  Trust in God"  Scott v. Smith

2 comments:

Aritha V. said...

A blog to my heart. It encourages me to read that more mothers are struggling with the reality of the day. Our strength lies in Jesus' power and grace. And yes, behind the closed doors of others is sometimes a world of grief. Perhaps it would be good that we sometimes open the door and show our pain and effort so we can support each other.

I struggle every day with the pain of a lost son. Lost? Not for God, He is mighty to save drug dealers etc. But it feels like 'Lost'

Big hug and I think at you on this early Monday morning. (9:06)

Amy Sullivan said...

Although my day is pretty arrow-free today, I appreciate the words and wisdom behind this post.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel