Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday's Voice - India

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I did a Wednesday's Voice.  It is actually pretty easy for me as all the work is done by Leroy's aunt and the Voice of the Martyrs.  I keep meaning to post something and then something happens.  This past week I was reminded of something about prayer.  
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. Colossians 1:9 NIV84
Paul prayed for the Colossians ceaslessly.  He prayed for their growth in the Lord, as well as thanksgiving for them.  This is what we should be doing everyday, praying for other believers.  Not just those around us, but those globally.  People we have only heard about.  We may not know their exact needs or wants, but we pray to someone who knows all and who intercedes where we cannot.  

We need to remember to lift other believers up consistently.  For this reason I am going to bring back Wednesday's Voice and add something as well.  I would ask that if you need any prayers or praise, that you would please enter them in the comment section on Wednesday.  I would ask that if you read this blog on a Wednesday that you take time not just to pray for those who are persecuted, but also for each other.  We may not know each other, but we can take joy in praying for each other and the power that God has when we pray globally.

Restrictions on religious freedom struck down in India
(Source: World Evangelical Alliance)

The Himachal Pradesh High Court in India has struck down a law which made it compulsory for those seeking to convert from his or her religion to give a 30-day notice to the District Magistrate before conversion. The verdict in the landmark anti-conversion case challenged both the Himachal Pradesh Freedom of Religion Act of 2006 and Himachal Pradesh Freedom of Religion Rules of 2007.

The Court also struck down rules making it mandatory for the state to inquire into every religious conversion. These rules did not provide sufficient safeguards outlining the time frame for such an inquiry or even who should conduct the inquiry. Unfortunately, many other provisions restricting religious freedom will stand.
Praise the Lord for the Evangelical Fellowship of India and the legal team who fought for these freedoms.

Please pray that India will continue to recognize and respect the religious freedom of citizens to worship, gather together, and evangelize.

Pray that, in the meantime, Christians in India will be bold in their faith despite threat of persecution.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel