Friday, October 5, 2012

Caffeinated Randomness - Once Upon a Time

Photobucket

 
I was very excited this weekend.  Once Upon a Time season two started.   I love this show.  For those who haven't watched it, it is a show created by the creators of Lost.  So basically think Lost in the Disney vaults.  I have to admit that I never watched Lost, but I know many people who did and loved it.  Once Upon a Time is like that for me.  I haven't missed an episode.  If you do, you miss something.  Something that opens up the story.  
 
I love all the characters, especially Regina the mayor/evil queen.  I love her tenacity and power.  I also like seeing those times she is vulnerable.  She is a complex character.   I recently did a on line quiz as to which character I was like.  I actually hoped I was like Regina, but was more like her nemisis, Emma.  Which was ok with me as she is a tough cookie.  I like that.  I like watching powerful female roles.  When you first meet, Mary Margaret/Snow White, you think typical meek character.  However, she is a fighter.  These are complex female characters.  They remind me of the women of the Old Testament, like Deborah, Jael, Ruth, Esther, Abigail.  Each with a past.  Each strong.  Each used by God.  Now I know that the characters of Once Upon a Time are not necessarily being used by God, but we can learn lots from them.

I know many people struggle with Disney Princesses and their daughters.  I never did.  The Princess had her room decorated for years with the princesses.  She dressed up as most of the princesses.  She was a princess.  She still is.  Just for fun and in celebration of Once Upon a Time, I thought I would do which Disney Princess I am most like and share it with you.
 



You Are Belle



You are independent and even a bit sassy. You speak your mind.

You are curious about the world, and you're always learning about something new.



You are stubborn and headstrong. Once you have made up your mind about something, it's difficult to convince you otherwise.

Deep down, you are warm hearted and compassionate. You are open to loving almost anyone.



Which Princess are you most like?  Have you watched Once Upon a Time?  Which character do you like?  What do you think of the Disney Princesses?  Come join up with the Java Junkies and share your randomness this week.



3 comments:

Renaissance Women said...

I love Once Upon a Time. It surprised me as I wasn't expecting such complex characters with real hurts and issues. Very well written. I'm not sure which one is my favorite character but I do like the strong female leads in the show. I think it might end up being Mulan, the newest character. Love a girl with a sword. :)

Great post. Have a good weekend.

Cassandra from Renaissance Women

Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation said...

It's so funny that you have Belle on your post and I have Lumiere singing through my head! (Oh...I think I would be Belle, too...love her!)

Unknown said...

Too funny, I always thought I related most to Belle. However I took the quiz and apparently I am Cinderella. Too funny. I have actually never heard of Once Upon a Time. Probably because we don't watch a ton of tv as we are always running in the evenings. When hubby is home and the tv is on it is usually on the National Geographic channel or something of the like. :) The shows that I desperately want to watch I tape.
I just want to add that I am loving the friendship that we are developing. :)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel