Friday, November 16, 2012

Caffeinated Randomness - Light

 Photobucket


This has been a bad week.  I have been struggling.  I have felt tired.  I have felt like I am treading water through stormy seas.  I have felt lifeless.  I have felt alone.

I know these feelings are just that feelings.  They are not truth, but lies that the enemy wants me to believe and embrace.  He wants me to feel like I am in the darkness, the cold.  He wants me to feel alone.  He wants me to draw away from Truth.  He wants me to be in the shawdows.  He wants me to be in the cold.  

These feelings come from a lot of places.  My life.  My past.  My future.   Life is tough.  There are no easy answers.   It is full of uncertainties.  You can never be sure of what you will be given.  You can never be sure of what you will face.  You can either live in the pit or we can jump and take air.  

This week I was taught that by my kids.  We had a large snow fall last week and like typical Southern Alberta weather, we have gone from -10 C to 5 C within a few days.  The snow is melting but it makes great sledding possibilities.  There was no wind on Tuesday and the sun was struggling to come out.  A friend and I decided to take the kids sledding.  We dragged our sleds to the school and walked to the hill.  My kids immediately climbed up the hill and went down.  

I went down the hill a few times.  At first it was frightening.  I was scared.  I wasn't going to be in control.  I was going to go fast.  I could flip off the sled.  I could sled into someone.  These things were going through my head.  I was allowing my fears to control me.

My friend dared me to go down the part of the hill where the kids had built a jump.  I took the dare.  I pushed myself off and flew.  I had no control.  I could have gotten hurt.  I could have.......and I took air.  It was exhilerating.  It was refreshing.   It was life changing.   I had pushed passed the lies that Satan had told me about that hill.  

Life is like that.  You can take the plunge and embrace life and all the possiblities it gives you.



You can live life cautiously and crawl down the hill.



Or you can persevere through the struggles that you face and keep pushing yourself through those obstacles.


God wants us to take air.  He wants us to live a life free from fear.  He wants us to take risks and trust His guidance.  He wants us to embrace the light.  Because only in the light are we truly alive.



“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that."― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches


What are you embracing?  Are you willing to let the light in and take air?  Come join up with the Java Junkies this week and share your randomness.

5 comments:

Katharine said...

What a wonderful analogy! Prayers for a week full of light and truth! :)

Aritha V. said...

I am the whole day thinking about this blog. Thanks for your openess. I am so glas i took time to read this. Thanks. ( ps and the pics are nice. Wow, snow!)

http://showmeastorie.blogspot.nl/

Laurie Collett said...

Thank you for your honesty, Michelle -- it is a great blessing & encouragement. Thanks for the great post & for hosting, & God bless!

Susie said...

God nudged me to call you a couple of times this week and I didn't. I am so sorry I didn't listen. I am in the same place... I am praying for you and am ready to take air!!!

Marissa Writes said...

I'm sorry to hear your week was rough. I hope this coming week is better. Thanks for hosting again!

Marissa

http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel