Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 2 of 3 in 30


So it is update time for my 3 in 30 goals.  For a quick reminder here they are:

1.  Finish Made to Crave up to week 4 and read the Lean.

2.  Organize Pantry, Laundry Room, Office and Master Bedroom

3.  No Yelling

I slept in and got behind on Made to Crave and the Lean.  I am going to catch up on Made to Crave today and resume the Lean where I was.  I have noticed my thinking about food changing.  I have splurged a few times, but the little Halloween chocolate bars that call me haven't been touched.  However, I did eat a few cup cakes and Plaatz this week.   I have drank lots of water and ate my apple and nuts a day.   I am struggling to eat breakfast.  If I don't eat it by 7 am, it doesn't get done.  I need to definitely get out of bed for 6 am so that I can get my thyroid medication and breakfast in every morning.

The Pantries are organized.  I had already semi organized the kitchen pantry so I just bought a few more baskets for the loose items.  My great accomplishment was the pantry in the laundry room.  I moved it over to a different wall and bought some shelf separators so that I could organize my cans more efficiently.  I love the pantries now.  Moving the laundry room pantry also gave me some great ideas for my laundry room which I am starting tomorrow.  I hope to have it done in a few days.  There isn't really a lot to do.  But definitely some organizing.

I have limited my yelling.  I haven't really yelled that much this week.  In fact, I have purposely stood at the top of the stairs and not called the kids up but have asked the kids to come up.  They seem to be able to hear me, when they want to.  When they don't, I go down and get them.  I have noticed their yelling becoming less as well.   I have informed them that there is a no yelling tolerance this month and when they do yell there will be consequences.  

Overall, I think I am on track.  I know I can catch up in my reading.  I feel like I am getting things accomplished.

I am linking up with the other 3 in 30 ladies at Welcome to our Good Life.

3 comments:

Andi said...

No yelling? Wow. Sadly, I'm most impressed by that. And most intimidated to try that. But good for you! Way to be accountable on your goals!

Unknown said...

You did so awesome Michelle. I'm so impressed with your non-yelling. I need to practice that more.

Unknown said...

Wow - love these goals!! So glad that you joined in - and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to stop by sooner! Great job on the no-yelling policy...I would love if I could get that to work with my girls :)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel