Friday, February 22, 2013

Caffeinated in the Word - The week in Philippians.

 photo CIMG2107-1-1-1.jpg

So, did anyone participate in the study last week?  Don't worry if you didn't.  If you would like to join in, jump in where we are.  There is never a right and wrong when getting into God's word.    For those that have no idea what I am talking about, don't worry.  I usually have that affect on people.  

For the next few weeks we are participating in the 40 Days in the Word study.   Last week, we looked at Philippians through the "Pronounce It" method of study.  I have to say, I felt redunkulous doing that method and quickly switched to the SOAP Method of studying the Bible.  Saying a single word out loud each time your read the verse did not work for me.  I am such a rebel.  I really do have to rebel against the norm.  However, when doing the SOAP method I got so much out of the verses.  

The verses that were chosen for Philippians really spoke to me this week.  They were uplifting and reaffirming.  They reminded me of what God has done for me and what He continues to do.  I have to admit that I have been struggling.  I have felt depressed.  I have felt weary.  I have felt tired.  I have felt defeated.  I have wanted to give up.  I have wanted to hide in a gopher hole and never come out.  The verses this last week reminded me that I need to bring the things that I am struggling with to God (Philippians 4:6).  They reminded me that He has a plan and purpose that will be fulfilled (Philippians 1:6/2:13).  They also reminded me that I cannot do this on my own.  That He supplies me with what I need to "press forward" (Philippians 3:12B/4:13/4:19).  These verses were like water to my soul.  They were extremely needed and reminded me that He is with me.  No matter what I feel, He is there.  Through the trials I face, He alone is guiding me through them.  He is providing me with strength and wisdom.  He is in control and I am not.  The story of my life and I am content in that knowledge.

This week the method of study recommended is the "Picture It" method.  I will attempt it and give it a chance.  It seems way more interesting than t he Pronounce It method.  I"ll know by day 2 if it's for me.  If not, it's back to old faithful SOAP method.  

This week's reading:
Day 8 - Mark 1:40 - 45 Jesus heals a leper.
Day 9 - Mark 3-1-6 Jesus heals a man with a shriveled hand
Day 10 - Mark 4: 35-41  Jesus calms the storm
Day 11 - Mark 5:21-43  Jesus raises a dead girl and heals a sick woman
Day 12 - Mark 6: 35-44  Jesus feeds the 5,000
Day 13 - Mark 6:45 - 51  Jesus walks on water
Day 14 - March 7:31-37 Jesus heals a deaf and mute man
This week's memory verse:
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.  Psalm 119:18 NIV
How has your week been doing?  What has God been telling you?  Come link in with your randomness this week with the other Java Junkies.



0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel